Monday, April 27, 2015

day 27: technical difficulties

My laptop charger decided to stop functioning today. It didn't take long for my computer's battery to run out and my enthusiasm to drain along with it.

Isn't that just the ticket, another reminder of all the things I need but can't afford. I've known it was about to time to replace my computer for a while now (it's old and slow and is only running on half its original RAM). I was hoping it would at least last through the end of the school year, then I would use some of the money I'll be making this summer to buy a new one.

Even if I could put up with ancient processing speeds for a few more weeks, the piece of scrap aluminum I call my laptop is no good to me with a permanently dead battery.

So here I am, typing up this blog from my phone. (It's tedious.) And I'm falling asleep so I can't even organize my thoughts.

What do I do? Bite the bullet and get a new charger for a computer that will soon be replaced? Or bite the bigger bullet, say, "Screw It!" and just get a whole new computer, then probably having to starve for a few months? Or live without a computer for three weeks, through finals, and figure it out later?

It makes me shiver to think of life without a computer at home but I'm afraid that is the most likely option at this juncture. Unless you can make kickstarters for your own personal funding--because I would be all over that.

This is just not something I want to be dealing with right now. I want to be focusing on my school work--for which possession of a computer is absolutely essential. It doesn't seem fair.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment