Thursday, April 9, 2015

day 9: love on eight wheels

This is an open letter to roller derby:


My dearest beloved 8-wheeled sport,

You are on my mind.

I cannot begin to express with words how much my body, mind, heart and soul aches for you, so I will say it simply--I miss you.

We've been apart for a little while now and I hope you haven't forgotten me. It was never my intention to have to stay away so long. Please understand that I'm doing the best I can to get back to you. I've had some time to think and, while I am intimidated by our reunion, my desire to have you in my life is reaffirmed.

There is nothing that gets me fired up more than watching my teammates play you, but it also breaks my heart. I'm afraid I have let them down, before the season has even begun. They are the most powerful, extraordinary, uniquely wonderful group of women I have ever had the privilege of being a part of. I want to feel I deserve to be a part of that again. I'm getting there--I'm working my way back to you, a little at a time.

Please be patient with me as I resist the urge to return to you too soon, and know that this is not time wasted. I am getting stronger every day and soon I will be worthy of lining up on that track again.

Not as soon as I would like, but that is the price I pay for stretching myself so thin.

In the meantime, I am trying to do my part--gaining strength and stability--so that when I finally lace up my skates with you again, I will be ready.

Thank you for always being there, even when I'm too weak or ignorant and oblivious to see you.

You're perfect, don't ever stop being you.


Affectionately yours,

Albatross

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE you. All in good time. Listen to your wise self. We are happy to have you back when and how ever.

    ReplyDelete